Saturday 29 November 2014

SROCkite.gif (2521 bytes) SROC 50th Anniversary Celebration Evening. Saturday 6th December 2014 from 6pm until 11pm.

At Best Western Garstang Country Hotel and Golf Centre, Bowgreave, Garstang PR3 1YE.

Directions. Bowgreave is just south of Garstang and north of Catterall, between Lancaster and Preston. The hotel entrance drive is from the B6430 between the A6 and M6 (M6 junc 33 from the north or junc 32 from the south)

Times. Please do not arrive before 6pm. The buffet will be served shortly after 7pm. The guest speaker is Mike Murray and the evening will be rounded off with a Ceilidh.

Numbers are limited to those who have paid. Any queries? Contact Peter Knott 01772-683072. pgk36@fsmail.net .

Mrs Patricia Hovey, widow of the late Robert Hovey, is unable to attend on December 6th but sends her best wishes to the club as follows :-

Would you please give my warmest congratulations to everyone in SROC, on reaching this splendid Anniversary. I do hope you have a great time celebrating. I only wish I could be there to share it with you.

I have so many happy memories of days out with Orienteers. Robert did the running, I was never any good at that, but I enjoyed helping with results, minding little ones and setting a jolly children’s course! Robert had so much pleasure from his days with you all, even before I met him, and he would be delighted that SROC is still going strong. May you have many more years of ‘fight’ ahead of you!

With all good wishes, Patricia

News Archive (you may need to scroll up after selecting an item)