Monday 2 January 2017

SROCkite.gif (2521 bytes) Cracker apology

First of all thank you to those who have sent me a message offering to disqualify themselves after my comments about taking a short cut over or through the uncrossable wall marked on the map. I think I have replied to everyone individually, but for anyone else interested I have decided to leave the results unchanged for the following reasons:

  • The purple overprint is difficult to discern and could reasonably have been missed
  • There is a gap in the wall where people could easily cross, without climbing the wall (I was unaware of this)
  • The adjacent crossing point symbol, meant to show a way through the other wall at right angles to the wall in question, may have mislead some to believe this was an "official" crossing point
  • I could have highlighted the uncrossable wall issue at the pre-start briefing
  • I could have planned that part of the course differently to remove any temptation to cross the wall
  • Most importantly this was a fun event and disqualifying half the field would tend to spoil that aspect!
Lastly to anyone who read the map correctly and went round, thereby suffering a time disadvantage, I hope this didn't spoil your enjoyment of the rest of the event.

Chris Roberts. New Year Cracker planner and organiser.

News Archive (you may need to scroll up after selecting an item)