Saturday 18 December 2021

SROCkite.gif (2521 bytes) Street League Coordination

After 12 years I wish to make this my last series for coordinating the Winter Street League. Whilst I have very much enjoyed the role I am now in a situation where age and injury are catching up with me. My hip injury has prevented me taking part in any of the events so far in this series, whilst the injury is not, so far, preventing me continuing with my other interests, running, especially on roads, has not proved possible. For me taking an active part was a fundamental part of the coordinating role.

The job is not particularly onerous in that the main tasks for me were a) getting volunteers to agree to organise an event and hopefully to have ones for the Tower Trophy, the Guild Wheel Trophy and the John O'Gaunt Trophy b) organising the event for the Prize Giving (for me this was the 11th event in series but I guess it does not have to be) c) providing certificates and prizes for the Prize Giving (obviously this is optional) d) updating the information for organisers e) emailing the police areas/divisions where an event is taking place, although for several years now I have no acknowledgement that this information has been noted. f) Preparing the series information board, checking the organisers box and the event specific boards.

The event results and the updating of the 2 tables is very kindly done by Mark Sammon while Chris and Rowena deal with information for the web and Rowena covers the registration of the events with BO.

I am raising this now so that there is plenty of time to get someone to take on the role for the 2022/23 series. Bob

News Archive (you may need to scroll up after selecting an item)